Accessory orders are considered small packages which are shipped via UPS or FedEx Ground. Individual system components or full system orders are shipped via LTL Freight Carriers. All our orders are assumed to be shipping to a residence which will include free lift-gate service. You may also receive lift-gate service at a commercial location if needed be sure to specify in the Additional Information Section of the checkout process.
Please inspect the item(s) carefully for any shipping damages. It is possible that small dents or dings to the housings can occur in transit. Minor flaws are cosmetic and DO NOT affect the integrity, operation or warranty of the system. Please note the damage on delivery receipt when accepting the shipment. In the event that major damage is found, BE SURE to note the damage on the delivery receipt, along with the drivers’ signature and call us immediately. If our clear shrink wrap is torn in any way or has been replaced with any other, be SURE to mark the receipt “Shrink Wrap Torn”.
It is your responsibility to pick-up your shipment within 48 hours after its delivery to the freight carrier’s terminal center. If you are unavailable to pick-up your shipment delivery within two days after the shipment arrives to the service center, the carrier will assess charges of a storage fee. If you would like to change the address your shipment is delivered to, after your order has shipped, the carrier will bill you a re-consignment fee. We must authorize any changes to the final delivery address.
UPON ARRIVAL OF YOUR FREIGHT SHIPMENT:
Upon receipt of your shipment, please inspect each carton and piece of equipment on the pallet:
- Count the number of pallets. Make sure that your count matches the count on the delivery receipt.
- Look for any damage to the packaging. Damage to the packaging includes:
- Broken pallets
- Shrink wrap that is falling off, missing, slightly torn, dirty or has holes
- Cardboard with tiny crinkles, dents or tears
- Inspect underneath any packaging with damage, no matter how slight the damage.
When in doubt, sign the delivery receipt noting damage.
YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING OR PRODUCTS “NOT NOTED” AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY. DO NOT SIGN THE DELIVERY RECEIPT CLEAR UNTIL YOU HAVE DETERMINED THAT YOUR SHIPMENT IS COMPLETE AND FREE OF SHIPPING DAMAGE. YOU MAY REFUSE PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT IN ADVERTISED CONDITION. IN THE EVENT THAT OUR CLAIMS POLICY IS NOT ADHERED TO BY THE CUSTOMER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE REPLACEMENT OF THE ORDER. YOU ONLY HAVE 48 HOURS IN WHICH TO REPORT “CONCEALED DAMAGE” SO PLEASE UNBOX AND INSPECT YOUR EQUIPMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER RECEIPT!
IMPORTANT NOTE: UPON UNPACKING YOUR EQUIPMENT, YOU MAY FIND THAT SOME OF THE COIL FINS ARE SLIGHTLY BENT. BENT FINS ON YOUR EVAPORATOR OR CONDENSER COIL ARE COMPLETELY NORMAL AND HAPPENS DURING THE MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY PROCESS. BENT FINS WILL NOT IMPEDE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR EQUIPMENT AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE EQUIPMENT “DAMAGE”. CLAIMS CANNOT BE FILED FOR BENT FINS. UNLESS THERE IS VISIBLE DAMAGE TO THE EXTERNAL PACKAGING AND/OR PANELS OF THE UNIT, THESE CLAIMS CANNOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
OPTIONS WHEN SIGNING THE DELIVERY RECEIPT:
-Pallet (skid) count is correct
-Packaging in excellent condition
-Products in excellent condition
-Pallet (skid) or package (box) count is not correct
-If the number of pallets and/or packages you receive does not match the number on the delivery receipt, mark shortage on the delivery receipt with the description of what is missing. You will find your packing slip attached to the freight shipment for reference.
-Theft-prevention shrink wrap shows signs of being torn, replaced or is missing
-The packaging is not in excellent condition (include description)
-Product(s) not in excellent condition (include description)
The shrink wrap shows signs of wear, is torn or has been replaced during transit.
CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. FOR QUICK RESOLUTION TO SHIPPING PROBLEMS
Contact us by phone (888) 292-0874 or email [email protected] if you have any trouble with your shipment.
If you sign the delivery receipt damaged and take delivery of the products, you may do one of the following:
a) Retain the equipment and receive a cash settlement or replacement parts.
b) Exchange the equipment. We will reship a new item once the damaged item is en route back to us.
If you refuse the product that is damaged, noting that you are refusing due to damage and take delivery on the undamaged products, we will reship a replacement product once the damaged unit is confirmed to be en route back to our Distribution Center.
- If you sign that there is a shortage, we will work with the Freight Company to track the missing portion of your shipment. Please allow up to 10 business days for the Freight Company to locate any missing pieces of your shipment. If the Freight Company is unable to locate the missing pieces of your shipment, the item(s) will be shipped to you at no charge.
- If you sign the delivery receipt clear, but later determine that your equipment has been damaged, the settlement outcome is between you and the freight company. You must report concealed damage within 24 hours of the delivery. You must establish that the damage occurred prior to you receiving it. If you require assistance in filing a claim with the freight carrier, we are here to help. Please note that, should you refuse to file a claim, The Company cannot be held liable for damages. You can return the damaged equipment back to our facilities for a refund. We may reserve the right to refuse replacement of the order once the refund is issued.
- If you sign the delivery receipt clear, but later determine that you received fewer pieces than the delivery receipt indicated, there is no recourse, although the carrier can perform a search of their docks. Unfortunately, the carrier will automatically deny these types of claims.